Well it’s April – holy smokes! Figure… it’s time for a good spring cleaning. Yes? Great! However… I’m not necessarily talking about my apartment, although I’m sure those who are frequently in my space would agree it could use it. I’ve got papers here and there… books all over the place (most half read).. blankets and pillows, candles… incense.. stones, gems, cameras. All kinds of stuff, absolutely everywhere. At work I am constantly razzed for having piles all over the place, if ever there is something stacked up…. “it must be Shanna’s”. Dare I be cliche and say the areas in which I have piles of … anything.. stacked up – it’s organized chaos! Really it is. Okay so really, I should be spring cleaning my world as a whole…. but today I started with my inner world.
My inner world has been screaming at me to take some alone time. I can’t say I fully achieved this today, seeing as I have yet to really unplug from the outer world…. but it was a good start. I try to spend time every day re-centering myself, finding some quiet and giving myself some time to reflect. I won’t claim to be successful at this task each time I make an attempt, but the point is that I do try. Right? Well, spring is all about rebirth and an exciting re-ignition of life in every aspect, so I’m bringing all that awesome renewal into each cell of my body and I’m running with it!
One of the quickest ways to recharge my
body temple… is juice. A juice cleanse, to be precise. Colorful, vibrant, full of everything I need.. Juice. It really is it’s own therapy, in my mind. I have talked before about my love of juicing and how it delivers such a quick shot of pure life to your system… Loving that therapeutic aspect of the colors, not just the ingredients.. I have spent a lot of time researching color therapy and what it can do for us on an energetic level.
It’s not a hard thing to grasp… look around, we choose things based on their vibrancy and color, marketing is based on things that will hold our attention.. Is it shiny? Is it bright? Does it flash in a multitude of shades? These are not things targeted specifically for children, and with the exception of those who aren’t able to use their sense of sight… We are all guilty of it. So why not use it as a balancing tool? Auyrvedic medicine teaches that even something as simple as holding a color in your mind, whether you’re able to meditate upon that color and still your thoughts.. or just have time to visualize it for a few moments.. it can be incredibly beneficial for the mind, body, and spirit as whole.
When I am able to connect what I am eating, to how I am feeling…. on a vibration level, that’s just so special. When people start changing their diets, even to just incorporate a smoothie made with fresh ingredients… and they are able to FEEL the impact on their body. Special! Being as in tune with my body as possible, and experiencing the frequency I can feel myself operating on after something nutrient dense is unmistakable. Paired today with my energetic spring cleaning, I am just full of life!
A big part of energetic cleaning….. (to me anyway).. is the clearing of chakras. Chakras are energy centers, both inside and outside of the body that energy passes through. The seven most known ones are the Root, Sacral, Solar Plexus, Heart, Throat, Third Eye and the Crown. Having balance within your self, allows for balanced energy in your chakras… you don’t want your physical body to have blockages anywhere, we all know that – so why would you want your energetic self to have any? You wouldn’t, trust me. It doesn’t feel good. I don’t know anyone who actually enjoys being grumpy… or feeling sluggish and blah. Energetic life moves in a spiral, so imagine your energy centers being blocked.. with spiraling waves coming at them…. that doesn’t feel good!
It’s all about balance.
- The Root Chakra (located at the base of the spine) is a beautiful red, it is related to issues of security and being grounded… It may be financial security, physical security etc.
- The Sacral Chakra (located in the lower abdomen), a lovely orange color. It is based on our connection to others, as well as the ability to experience new things… may that be meeting new people.. various addictions, or pleasures (food, drink, physical etc), and can also be connected to your body image.
- Solar Plexus Chakra (located in the upper abdomen) is a beautiful, vibrant yellow. It relates to our feelings of control and power. Whether it’s about self esteem, confidence, or worth.
- The Heart Chakra (located in the chest) is a divine shade of green. The Heart Chakra plays an important part in our relationships, ability to give and receive love (to our self, and to others), attachments, as well as forgiveness.
- The Throat Chakra (located around the Adam’s apple) is a brilliant sky blue. The Throat Chakra is all about speaking your truth, proper and clear communications, as well as having the ability to ask for your needs to be met.
- The Third Eye Chakra (located between your eyes) is a deep indigo. The Third Eye is all about wisdom, all seeing truth and knowingness. It watches all your decisions, every move your make. It relates to the past, the present and the future.
- The Crown Chakra (located at the top of your head) is a royal purple. It relates to total spirituality, as well as connection to your higher self. It promotes trust, peace, and bliss.
Enter…. my Chakra Shots! As if juicing wasn’t fun enough already…. Why not take a therapeutic shot of fresh health elixir while mentally, visually, and spiritually cleansing your chakras!? Cleanse the body with what it needs… cleanse the soul with what it needs at the same time! Perfect way to spend my afternoon : )
Root – Pure Strawberry
Sacral – Cantaloupe, Carrot & Ginger
Solar Plexus – Golden Beet & Orange
Heart (this is a big one) – Spinach, Kale, Cilantro, Lime, Granny Smith Apple, Cucumber & Celery
Throat – Pure Blueberry
Third Eye – Pure Blackberry
Crown – Red Beet
Now if only I could get to spring cleaning my apartment……